After 10 weeks on a public art trail in Bristol, 92 Gromit Unleashed sculptures designed by famous artists, designers and celebrities went to auction on Thursday 3rd October 2013 live on the i-bidder.com auction platform. Hosted by auctioneer and TV antiques presenter Tim Wonnacott, yesterday evening’s auction became a global event thanks to the internet bidders attracted to i-bidder.com. There was huge global interest with 1,889 registered bidders and bids arriving over the internet from 19 different countries. Over £1 million was sold to internet bidders. With the top lot ‘Gromit Lightyear’ by Pixar Studios selling to an online bidder for £65,000.
The Gromit Unleashed sale in numbers
See the full catalogue of results here
- 1,889 registered bidders from 19 different countries
- 41 lots sold online worth £1,042,000
- 51 lots sold in the room worth £1,315,000
- 21,141 unique visitors to the Gromit Unleashed catalogue on i-bidder.com on Thursday 3rd October.
- Gromit Lightyear by Pixar Studios (left) – £65,000 sold to internet bidder
For more information, please contact Richard Whittle
Tel 0207 420 6000 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org